Boston Criminal Defense Attorney
Free Consultations 617.925.6772
Reputable & Experienced Attorney Who Will Relentlessly Fight On Your Behalf

Hardship License Lawyer in Boston

You Do Not Have to Suffer a License Suspension

If you lost your license following a DUI conviction in Massachusetts, you understand that it can be incredibly inconvenient. With no way to make it to school, work, or appointments, you may find yourself stuck at home or relying on others to chauffeur you. Taxi cabs and rideshare services are always options, but those fares add up. With the help of Jack Diamond Law Offices, you can apply for a hardship license to help you drive places until your license is reinstated.

A Boston hardship license lawyer at our firm can help you apply for this privilege and then advocate for you at your hearing. Call (617) 925-6772 for a consultation or contact us online.

Regaining Your Right to Drive

Hardship licenses are issued by the Registry of Motor Vehicles, not by the courts. This means you will need to apply through the RMV and attend a hearing. You can choose an RMV hearing site near your residence. Massachusetts only allows hardship licenses for cases relating to jobs, school, or medical appointments. Fifth time DUI offenders and subsequent offenders do not qualify.

The steps to apply for a hardship license are:

  • Go to the RMV website and apply
  • Attend your hearing
  • Bring all required documents and present them to your hearings officer

Handling Your Trial Effectively

If you do not bring all the specified documents to your hearing, the appointment will be canceled and rescheduled at a later date. It is often difficult to obtain a hardship license when you need to schedule a second hearing.

Even if you meet all of the prerequisites, the licenses are given at the discretion of the RMV. They have the right to refuse your request. This is where skillful advocacy from a professional attorney can be advantageous.

Get representation from a knowledgeable Boston DUI lawyer for your hardship license hearing. Call (617) 925-6772 to speak with our firm. We also serve Hingham, Quincy, and Plymouth.